 General / 13597
  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

(...) I disagree completely. I assume (I could be wrong) that the basic bricks would would be some of the easiest pieces to do bulk ordering for. They are about as general purpuse as things come. Plus, for building anything of appreciable size, you (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

How are you people getting all these tubs? From TLG directly? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

Steve, I don't think that something of your scale is impossible by parting out blue tubs. There are 120 2x4 bricks in a tub. That would mean you need to part out 42-84 tubs. This is indeed a large task, but by no means impossible. I sorted 96 tubs (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

I talk to the manager at Toys R Us and tell him I want 100 of them. He orders them. I pick them up and sort until I can't stand looking at Lego anymore. At that point, I am half way finished with the task. I have now sorted out 160 tubs and 30 (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

(...) Do you get any kind of discount? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are your 10 most wanted pieces from LEGO Direct?

I get 10% off, which is almost a joke. I was told that it is the same discount given to a guy who bought a bunch of Mindstorms sets last Christmas ($20,000 worth), but feel it is a little cheap. After all, the mindstorms units last Christmas were (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)