 General / 13106
Re: Flash philosophy changepoint? (was: Re: New update website at LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 05:48:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Leroy <leryav@yahoo.com> writes:

Cool Wegpage at www.legomedia.com

Hey, whoa -- weird.

I was just writing up a mail saying how cool it was that the new LEGO Media
site had a separate special graphic clicky on it that says

  FLASH VERSION |>

(so it doesn't force Flash down your throat, in other words), and then my
browser went kablooie when I clicked on it, and upon restarting it, the new
site has reverted to the old site!

I've gotta pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.  How could this
happen?  I cleared out my cache -- how would it revert to an older version?

I wonder if they reverted the pages a few hours ago, just as they did for
the 2000 catalog on www.lego.com two weeks ago(?).  Hmm...

Can anyone see this page?--

  http://www.legomedia.com/l2k/

I get a "404 Not Found" error on that, when it was just loading fine 5
minutes ago.

I just tried the link and it loaded just fine. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

- chris