 General / 13048
    Re: Swearing? —Frank Filz
   (...) You won't hear that word very often at my church, but then my religion doesn't believe in eternal damnation. On the other hand, there are some people in my church who are VERY uncomfortable with the word God. follow ups to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swearing? —John Neal
    (...) I am surprised and intrigued by this notion. Why would this be? -John (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swearing? —Frank Filz
   (...) I'm assuming your asking about the discomfort with the word God. The reason: atheism/humanism. Many (most) Unitarian Universalists (my religion) are humanist. Some take that all the way to atheism. It has caused much difficulty in many of our (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)