 General / 12927
Re: Swearing! (was something else)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:58:58 GMT

James Brown wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Richard Parsons writes:
(Its a joke, its a joke ******.  Relax.  Here, maybe you need some soma.)
<editing mine>

Folks, I hate to be a PITA, here, but will ya cut the swearing, please?  I
have to say the casual one-offs here in .general bug me a whole lot more • than
anything else.

It just isn't necessary to do it.  Take it as a challenge to your literary
skills if you have to, but please, maintain courtesy.

(not picking on you in specific, Richard, you just happen to be today's • random
sample)

Wow.  Do you know (in all honesty) that it never occurred to me that anyone
here could find this offensive.

So, ah, sorry.

I won't get into the old argument about sense and sensibility, or the things
that bug me.  I have seen before that no-one changes their minds, no-one
wins.

So just, sorry.

I don't belong here.

Richard