 General / 12622
  8837 oddity.

Hi all! I recently got hold of an 8837, Pneumatic Excavator. The manual and pictures on the box for that set clearly indicate that it should come with black and grey pneumatic tubing. However, in the box I found black and transparent pneumatic (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

(...) Hi Johannes, I have it, and it actually came with black and grey pneumatic tubing. I bought it about one year ago. I didn't even know the existence of transparent tubing, the ones I have are dark gray, light gray and blue. Mario Web page: (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

Hi Mario, "MF" == Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> writes: (...) MF> I have it, and it actually came with black and grey pneumatic MF> tubing. I bought it about one year ago. I didn't even know the MF> existence of transparent tubing, the ones (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

(...) Hmm... I don't think so. They're are silicone rubber and almost nothing can damage them. (...) Yes, they're actually nearly black. I should have said black. (...) Oh yes, sure. I forgot it. Are you sure it's thinner than the other tubing? I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8837 oddity.

Some pneumatic technic sets come with clear tubing instead of the light grey. My 8862 Backhoe and 8042 Universal both came with clear tubing where grey was shown on the box and in the instructions. I'm not sure why TLC did this. It seems that the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)