 General / 12428
Re: Questions on parts in XI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 18:09:36 GMT

Thanks Tony for the fine explanation :) so it depends on just what you
want to do with the bricks after they are together. Works for me :) now
to ponder just which I need :)

Tamy

Tony Priestman wrote:

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Mookie (<385CE10B.C89C51E7@worldnet.att.net>) wrote
at 13:43:39

I was searching out some of the technic parts in XI and I find there's
pegs and friction pegs, can someone tell me the difference? they look
the same to me, just happens that some are grey and some are black.
Thanks

The grey ones, which are the original ones, don't hold the beams
tightly, so if you attach two beams with one of them, the joint is
'floppy'. If you hold one of the beams, you can spin the other one like
a propeller.

The black ones are a much tighter fit. If you attach two beams with one
of these, you can pose the beams at any angle, and they will stay like
that. Hence friction pegs :-)
--
Tony Priestman

--