 General / 12334
Re: Arctic 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:05:37 GMT

To All,

Having bought all the Arctic sets, and having evaluated them, I have to
say I am impressed. I think the sets are well done, the realism (OK,
outside of the radioactive spiders or whatever) is impressive, and the
avenue for MOC's from here are endless. I can think of dozens of
offshoots, such as Arctic conditions training for my ADF troops (Classic
/ Futuron Minifigs), co living with Ice Planet 2002, exploration of the
poles on Titanian 6 (The planet where my Minifigs live), etc. The polar
bear is cute, the minifigs are neat, I like the vehicles, because they
look realistic, compared to the pictures in the instructions, even. The
parts are there, with lights, tracks, doors, roof hinges, etc. It is a
really neat theme. I can combine the divers series as well to make an
arctic ice breaker, etc. Outside of the new SW items, I have to say I am
impressed. Even the wall pieces can be used in multiple fashions. This
is what LEGO is about, the ability to have neat models, aand the
possibilities of imagination that spring from those parts. Ah, I feel
the ABS pouring into my bloodstream now... Ahh.... :) :)

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.