 General / 12154
    Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct. —Jeff Thompson
   (...) less (...) Well, there's got to be SOME differences between European kids and American kids. After all, European children get firing cannons in their sets, and American children don't. This is probably due to cultural differences that give (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct. —James Brown
     (...) I know, but... Acutally, it has nothing to do with American children, and everything to do with American lawyers, and lawsuit paranoia. See: (URL) version: someone's kid choked on a shooting toy, someone sued and won, shooting toys banned for (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct. —Jeff Thompson
     (...) Having grown up in that era (and as a kid who had shooting versions of the Battlestar Galactica toys and who remembers the media hullaballoo about that), I am still always amazed to see the number of shooting toys on the market that shoot (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct. —Scott Edward Sanburn
     < Cross posted to off-topic.debate > (...) Well, this all leads back to parental responsibility, and teaching children about these things, which has been discussed to a great extent here at off-topic.debate. The government can't seem to protect us (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

        Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct. —Shiri Dori
   In lugnet.general, Jeff Thompson writes: [snip] (...) [snip] Are you SERIOUS?!? American cannons don't shoot?!? Forgive me for the ignorance, but I had no idea! This is hilarious! LOL! -Shiri (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)