 General / 12153
  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) You really have no clue at all, do you? Do you really think there is one _whit_ of difference between European and American children? Sheesh. Bloody luser. Jasper (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) less (...) Well, there's got to be SOME differences between European kids and American kids. After all, European children get firing cannons in their sets, and American children don't. This is probably due to cultural differences that give (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

Jasper- I understand your frustration due to someone else's ignorance, however, please be advised that you are violating the conditional use of the LUGNET service due to the use of vulgar language (if I am incorrect, please inform me): Please refer (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) I know, but... Acutally, it has nothing to do with American children, and everything to do with American lawyers, and lawsuit paranoia. See: (URL) version: someone's kid choked on a shooting toy, someone sued and won, shooting toys banned for (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

(...) Having grown up in that era (and as a kid who had shooting versions of the Battlestar Galactica toys and who remembers the media hullaballoo about that), I am still always amazed to see the number of shooting toys on the market that shoot (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

< Cross posted to off-topic.debate > (...) Well, this all leads back to parental responsibility, and teaching children about these things, which has been discussed to a great extent here at off-topic.debate. The government can't seem to protect us (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sr. VP Justus of LEGO Direct.

In lugnet.general, Jeff Thompson writes: [snip] (...) [snip] Are you SERIOUS?!? American cannons don't shoot?!? Forgive me for the ignorance, but I had no idea! This is hilarious! LOL! -Shiri (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)