 General / 12072
    Re: Introducing LEGO Direct —Matthew Miller
   (...) A good point. And arguably (perhaps unfairly, but that's a further debate) a traditional male testosterone-driven worldview. Why does "play" mean "conflict"? (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Introducing LEGO Direct —Ray Sanders
     (donning flame-retardant attire) When these young people walk out into the real world, they will find that not everyone is testosterone-driven, regardless of their gender. Gender and aggressive behavior do not line up evenly. I have known aggressive (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: Introducing LEGO Direct —Alex Wetmore
     And in fact when I was a child (not that long ago, born in 1974) Lego sets weren't all that conflict oriented either. The space sets of the time had no weapons for instance. The first set with a fighting theme that I can think of is the yellow (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Introducing LEGO Direct —Jeff Thompson
   (...) "Only You, the LEGO Maniac, can determine what color dress Shala will wear to the dance." -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)