 General / 11988
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:18:20 GMT

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:57:37 GMT, richard.dee@virgin.net (Richard Dee)
wrote:

Bulk ordering is great news.
But, please, please....don't make the "restricted format," be restriction
as to *who* can order.

2.
If delivery is to be restricted to the US only, as
I suspect will be the case, you will be doing a grave disservice to your
European market, who, as a whole, exceed the US in terms of your sales.

3.
If availability of the service will be global, don't price differently
according to origin of the person purchasing! Make the price universal.
Don't penalize us because we live in Europe! Let the price differential
be in delivery costs!

Not to mention that, especially for people here, it simply Won't Work.
If the US prices are cheaper than EU prices by more than shipping
(shipping, BTW, is reasonably constant across all countries for
service sets - food for thought), there _will_ be mass purchases in
the US flown privately to Europe. That's just the reality of things.

Jasper