 General / 11901
Re: Whats the deal with blasters?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Thompson writes:

It gives me hope that LEGO will release more Star Wars sets in 2001.
I'm not sure what's left, though - they've already done most of the
major kid-attractive vehicles.  But there's the regular (non-darth)
TIE, and I'm sure they could come up with other good sets.

From what I've heard, LEGO'S contract with Lucas extends through the final
movie (episode 3), whenever that's supposed to be released (2005?). Now whether
they're actually going to have SW releases for each year until then is another
question. Like you said, there really isn't anything left to do in either
episode 1 or the classic trilogy. Of course, they'll probably have sets for
episode 2 which comes out . . . 2002? I don't know . . . anybody have answers
to the release dates of the next two SW movies?
-Jonathan