 General / 1153
Re: Bug in pause..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:48:05 GMT

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:37:16 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

Any word that ends in 'er' is currently gacking it -- so if you search for
"Galaxy Explorer" or "Pooper Scooper" it'll gack too.  It's a bug in some
low-level DB stuff that's going away soon.  (I suspect a buffer is
overflowing somewhere because 'er' is wicked common and it has a huge
reverse-index list.  I saw it gack on another large list once and it scared
me enough to make plans to replace that chunk of code with something more
reliable.)

Anyway, I'm sorry that the search feature is broken and I'll let you know as
soon as it's fixed.

No problem. Bugs happen.
I am just naturally a very, _very_ curious person, and when that
happened, well, I got very curious as to what was causing it. And I
figured I'd let you know in case you didn't know yet. You could, of
course, just kludge it to avoid -er endings...

Jasper.