 General / 11413
Re: Work Offline!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:50:08 GMT

Well this takes space on your hard drive but sometimes is usefull....

--

Z. Unger
dzz@mindspring.com

Richard Marchetti <BlueOfNoon@aol.com> wrote in message
Hey:

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that you were looking at a site • yesterday,
and today its gone...!

=o0

Well, my BIG help of the day comes in the form of recommending that IE5 • users
pull down the FILE menu and click on the option to WORK OFFLINE.  Then, if • you
go to HISTORY, and open the links to the pages that are no longer • online --
voila! They magically appear from their previously cached location
(probably "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" or something very close to
that).

You'll probably never need this feature, but what the heck...

-- Richard