 General / 11189
Re: FOTW - 6464
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 15:07:10 GMT

Mark,

I saw that also. I just ordered one to see what would arrive. The name
'Emergency Response Center' was for a Res-Q set, the picture was for
6464 'Super Rescue Complex' and the price went to lord knows what. They
fixed it the same day that mine shipped. I'm still waiting to see if I
got the 6464.

Ray

Mark or Milissa Millere wrote:

I have been out of my dark ages for several months now and finally had a FOTW!

While searching the ZB website, I came across this
http://www.zanybrainy.com/bin/temp6A.jsp?q=5.eT&sid=2418876.

1.    The picture is for 6464, Super Rescue Complex, 331 pieces, $ 76.

2.    The description is Emergency Response Center, # 6479, $ 59.99

3.    The descrition is Bonz™ lets you travel back in time and imagine you're
a world-famous paleontologist piecing together a puzzle from the past.
Reassembling the 51 wood pieces to create a Tyrannosaurus, you'll really feel
the power of this majestic creature.

4.   The price is $ 29.99.

So I call ZB to see what I'm getting and paying.  The sales rep was very
courteous and after some searching and talking with his supervisor, said
it "should be" 6464 at $29.99.:-)

So I place an order for several of these.:-)  I also use my first time
customer 20% off coupon.:-)

Sorry I did not post this earlier, but I wanted to know what would show up at
my doorstep first, before I told everybody.

Well, lo and behold, I am the proud owner of several 6464's for just over $25
each, including shipping.  They showed up today, 12-3-99.  Should have ordered
more!:-(

Now I'm not a big fan of this set at $ 74.99 (that duplo thing you know), but
at ~$25, it can't be beat!  What I really wanted was the fire truck and
alternate models.

I checked the page again today, and they "fixed" the price only, to $74.99,
and nothing else, Sorry.

I checked the S@H catalog, and it said this was a "not available in stores
set".  Also, the set appears to be non USA, no peice count or name on the box?

Mark Millere, Charleston, SC

P.S.  going to Columbia, SC ZB for some 8480's on Sunday!!!:-)