 General / 11019
  Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

FYI: From Fortune Magazine: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? Power Sellers Melanie Warner About a year ago, Heidi Le Vell shelled out $1,000 to buy 24 cardboard boxes filled with nothing but Legos. Over the next couple of months, she assembled those (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

Too bad Fortune magazine couldn't get the plural of Lego right. ;) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Opens everywhere, January 2000 derick Bulkley (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

(...) Wow, that's amazing -- and very impressive! Here's the full text of the online article, BTW: (URL) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

It must have been a big box of Lego if she shelled out $1000, and made that sort of profit? Has anyone bought from her? What was in the box? Scott A (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

(...) I haven't bought anything from her but I did email her a few times with info on what to call things she was selling and didn't know what they were <g>. She was selling a *lot* of used lego at one time. I just hope that article doesn't give (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

I remember watching her auctions - she had hundreds and hundreds, by the look of it, broken down by type of piece, all photographed and described. I wonder what her final hourly wage was. She had a 30-pound lot go recently, I believe, so that may (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

My question is, WHERE THE HELL did she find 24 boxes of Lego?!? I live in Sunnyvale, right next to San Jose, and NEVER find Lego in secondhand shops of any kind. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

(...) She beat you to it?? (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Frightening My NLSO (Was re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business?)

(...) I frightened my girlfriend today. I told her this story, and mused openly about the possibility of canvassing the twenty-plus college campuses within a half hour's drive with "will buy collections" signs in order to turn a slight profit to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

(...) Yes, sometimes, even the most diligent sale-hunters get beaten to the big scores. ;) best LFB (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business? (Fortune Magazine)

(...) Lindsay, this thread is from the last century! What happened, did your reply get caught in a tesseract? Maggie C. (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)