 General / 11207
11206  |  11208
Subject:
Frightening My NLSO (Was re: Legos: A Moneymaking E-Business?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 03:27:57 GMT

I remember watching her auctions - she had hundreds and hundreds, by the look
of it, broken down by type of piece, all photographed and described.  I wonder
what her final hourly wage was.  She had a 30-pound lot go recently, I believe,
so that may have been the last of it.  I hope she had fun, otherwise she'll
probably never want to look at another piece of Lego.

I frightened my girlfriend today.  I told her this story, and mused openly about
the possibility of canvassing the twenty-plus college campuses within a half hour's
drive with "will buy collections" signs in order to turn a slight profit to offset
the insane cost of being a grad student out here.  She changed the subject somewhat
rapidly.  I already know this is the "one really weird thing you do."   On the
other hand, she brought hers from home--including the original Cowboys set, with
instructions, from the 1970s.

So I want to propose a newsgroup:  lugnet.nlso.just.doesnt.understand

best,

Lindsay