 General / 10735
Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:05:56 GMT

Andreas Stabno <stabno@megsinet.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Nice article. Aside from the minor "legos" nit, which we will never win,
I suppose, I found this article to be free of "isn't that cute" or "that
is weird" overtones that you find sometimes.

Can we ask the details of how it came to be written?

This summer we had some friends over for a party, one of whom happens to do
freelance work for the newspaper.  While the kids were running the trains • and
playing with vehicles at the edge of the tables, we started talking about
putting together a story.  As an aside, the photographer suggested that I
contact Kansas City's Miniature Toy Museum to exhibit the display.  Has • anyone
had any success in dealing with organizations like museums, Science City, • etc?

There were representatives of several museums, esp. childrens museums, at
Mindfest.

-John Van