 General / 10377
  Can you remove the glue from lego store displays?

Hi there, I figure that there could be someone out there who managed to unglue a large lego display model into it constituent pieces. Can it be done without destroying some or many of the lego pieces? Is it worth it even if it can be done? I am (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Can you remove the glue from lego store displays?

Short answer is no. The glue used in the american model shop (it sometimes differs from model shop to model shop) is a mixture of MEK and ABS. It is literally liquid brick. When we would need to make repairs, we would do so with a chisel, then try (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)