 General / 10363
Re: Egyptian Theme in Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:54:53 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Since I've been on a movie palace (theatre) kick lately ..... I was
looking at some of the Egyptian sets at KMART recently and I was
thinking about building an Egyptian themed theatre (sort of on the lines
of Grauman's Chinese in Hollywood, but with Egyptian accents).  Although
never as popular as the Oriental or Mayan themes, there are a few
theatres in the USA with an Egyptian style.   This is because the
discovery of King Tut's Tomb in 1922 coincided with the renaissance of
the movie palace era of the 1920's.  Grauman's Egyptian Theatre in the
Los Angeles area is probably the greatest surviving of the Egyptian
theaters, and is currently undergoing restoration.  And there is an
Egyptian Theatre in Ogden Utah.

So, in order to use up some of those Egyptian specialty pieces,  I think
I will build an Egyptian Theatre in my LEGO town.  It's the best way to
tie the Adventurers Egyptian theme into the Town System.  Another
possibility would be to build a Egyptian Art Deco gas station (or King
Tut's "a condo made a stona").

Gary Istok

gary ~

what a grand idea!  there's also a egyptian motif in the ballroom of the
fabulous fox theatre in atlanta, ga.. another possibility would be an egyptian
exhibit in a museum. (or a disco..."funky tut!")

You'll need palm trees...("born in Arizona...")

-John

later ~ craig~