 General / 10032
Re: What might have been...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders writes:
A microcosm of this sequence was what happened with the McDonald's sets.
When the first online pictures appeared, all I could read was 'Is that
pink ? Is it really purple ??' Then, when the sets came out, we find
that they are not all that bad, yes it is bluish purple, etc...

Ray

Todd Lehman wrote:
4. The actual sets, once seen first-hand, always look better and more fun • than
   they do in the initial catalog photos.  Much of the early negativism • turns
   into positivism.  (Excepting of course things like Town Jr. and Time
   Cruisers.)  People post things like, "I've gotta hand it to LEGO for • really
   having thought this through; I didn't expect this set to really be this
   cool."
This happened with the Sith Infiltrator exactly- a lot of AFOLS changed their
stripes when they actually had it in their hands.

chris