 General / 10025
Re: What might have been...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:15:53 GMT

A microcosm of this sequence was what happened with the McDonald's sets.
When the first online pictures appeared, all I could read was 'Is that
pink ? Is it really purple ??' Then, when the sets came out, we find
that they are not all that bad, yes it is bluish purple, etc...

Ray

Todd Lehman wrote:
4. The actual sets, once seen first-hand, always look better and more fun than
   they do in the initial catalog photos.  Much of the early negativism turns
   into positivism.  (Excepting of course things like Town Jr. and Time
   Cruisers.)  People post things like, "I've gotta hand it to LEGO for really
   having thought this through; I didn't expect this set to really be this
   cool."