 Gaming / Starship / 889
888  |  890
Subject:
GM Voting 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:25:40 GMT

I know it is early to talk about the Starship Election that will occur at the
end of the year, but I wanted to put this idea out for people to start thinking
about.  With the busy-ness mentioned in earlier posts, I've been pretty much an
absentee Galactic Mediator for over a year, and that trend is likely to
continue.  It has been said that local SMs can keep the action going by
themselves and thus an active GM is not needed.  However, I continue to feel
unable to truly do my job justice.  That said, I will harbor no offense should a
willing and capable particpant wish to run for office of GM at year's end - I
encourage it actually!

I want to see this game continue to thrive and maybe even grow.  But if I keep
the reins in 2006, I won't likely do more than I have in 2005.  So, I suggest I
should only stay on as GM as a "default" if no one else can do it.

That said, I ask that everyone give it some thought.  Who would make a good GM?
Is there anyone out there (even a new or yet-to-join player) who would like such
a challenge?  Could it be you?

-GM Hendo