 Gaming / Starship / 835
Re: Starship Election\Discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Avery Christy wrote:
   I want to know the candidates and their platforms. Which one is a conservative on bricks and which one is a liberal on bricks?

Just kidding, a little left over seasonal jolly.

Hendo mentioned some improvements, if necessary or needed. Well, actually things are running smoothly I think. The only concern is, of course, the fact that several of the strong community members have been on hiatus. This weakens the community and game play. Unavoidable? No. Needs to be fixed? No. Those community members will return, or not return, in their due good time. Those who remain active will have to do the best that they can.

I think that from this alone stems out any concerns about how things are running. So, let’s let that be for now.

I am back from my hiatus, but at any time another problem can be thrown at me; my life is ripe with problems currently, but I’ve been looking to the future and have achieved my goals that I have set for myself, with the release and success of my web design business and the growing popularity of my website, as well as my grades in school climbing again. My family still has not overcome the death of my grandmother, but we are pulling together again, so the future seems brighter than it ever was for me.

While we do need to regroup and pull this back together, we must all realize that life is life and we cannot stop what is happening at the present to many of us. Life goes on for all, and others cannot stop to enjoy their hobby, unfortunately. I wish everyone a good luck when obstacles pop up.

On your phrase about Richard, yes, I wonder where he has gone too. He was another vital community member, one of the “Founding Fathers,” if you will.

-SNIP-

P.S. On a slightly related topic but totally unrelated topic, I have been asked to join in on something called the Alpha Centauri project. Apparently, there is a small group of space AFOLs who are trying to get a Brikwars-ish micro-cosmos game play thing together based upon Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri computer game. That game spun off some books and other stuff, and these guys saw it as a ripe field for awesome brick building and action packed Brikwars. The concept is that there are the original 7 factions from the game. They are asking me to cook up a few additional factions in case some other AFOLs want in, like me. Anyway, each player is responsible for building whatever they want according to whatever design scheme that they want for the faction that they have chosen. Like, if a player chose the Gaians, and they wanted a green organic looking design scheme, then all of their vehicles, buildings, etc., would be in green and very organic looking. Everyone can easily point to Admiral Giddens’ UCS ships and say, hey, that’s a UCS ship; or hey, that’s an 3vil ship or tank. Same kind of concept except that it is all on the planet of Alpha Centauri as described in the computer game. For additional factions, we may have to step out into the Alpha Centauri system to have room for everyone and game play, but I think this project will be limited to the Alpha Centauri system. I think FTL drives (as that technology is not developed in the game) will not be allowed. But that’s ok as there is so much else going on.

So, comments, questions, want to join, etc?

-Avery (Thinking about claiming a faction and seriously getting in on this project on the ground floor)

I would join the game, but you mentioned it’s for AFOLs only. I’m turning 15 in 19 days, so I’m still shy 3 years of age. Too bad.

Anyway, it seems we’re getting a bit of activity back. We’re all popping our heads out of the gopher holes, which is good. It’s good to see everyone coming back, slowly but surely.

Now, I believe I need to go back to my Doom 3 gaming session.

ArrivederLa, i miei amici,

-Dan
DanMattia.net
DanMattia Web Design