 Gaming / Starship / 822
Re: Fwd: Starship Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
   Asked by email from Michael G. Barford:

I am an inexpirienced builder without many bricks. I do not have CAD, but I do have LEGO Digital Designer. Will this work? I am also confused about minifigs. Do you have to have them in a set, because Digital Designer does not include them. Can your ship be made so that no minifigs would fit? I am sorry that I have so many questions, but this site seems very intresting.

--

Copied from my reply by email:

Hi Michael,

Yes you certainly can use Digital Designer, so long as it allows you (or you have the means to) take images from it and post them online (either on a personal site of yours or on bricklink.com). This is the easiest way for other players to see your creations. As for minifigs, that is up to you. We already have a number of players whose fleets include ships built at “microfig scale”, that is their starships might be only a few inches long but represent hundreds of feet in real life and thus are not “minifig scale”. Building at alternate scales like this is perfectly allowable and some players even prefer it.

Everyone would agree that we can’t wait to see whatever creation(s) you might build for our game. I’m not sure if you have access to Lugnet.com, but I am copying this thread to there as well so that the group can be aware of my answers here... Hope to hear more from you soon!

•GM Hendo