 Gaming / Starship / 717
716  |  718
Subject:
NR Reply (Was Re: News Talk: Mercy mission given no quarter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:21:22 GMT

-snipped-

IC:

:: Begin New Transmission ::
:: Arbor 9, NR Capital ::
:: Department of Diplomacy ::
:: Commandant Melissa Tiera ::

The New Republic would like to offer its fullest condolences for the heros that were known as the 8th Evac Task Force. A proper memorial service will be conducted on June 8th, 2118NRT in the Arbor 9 Ministry of Propganda Plaza.

Prime Minister Alex Guor is very sorry for the loss of these vessels. They were very heroic in their mission and were considered great help, despite that they were not used much.

The 8th Evac Task Force was a light at the end of the tunnel for the NR citizens; it showed us that we were safe and protected. The 8th Evac Task Force and all Port Block vessels that assisted us raised our morale greatly in times of darkness.

Brucolac Wells, commander of the NR Navy, is not able to make a proper statement but he offers his sympathies and also informs the press that the NR did not attack the 8th Evac Task Force vessels. A direct quote of his is: “If I wanted my Navy to attack New Pacific, we would not have done such a cowardly act. If I really wanted to provoke a war with New Pacific, I would’ve leveled a planet of their’s.”

The NR hopes these acts will not weaken the bond between New Pacific and the New Republic and will conduct its own internal investigation to see if any information was unnoticed or pushed aside that could have led to preventions of such a heinous attack.

Commandant Tiera, out.

:: End Transmission ::