 Gaming / Starship / 693
Re: Floating. or I've joined- what next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 17:12:00 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, James Howse wrote:
The subject header says it all really. I've registered a ship, what happens now?
Do I need to email someone else or do I wait for a green light out of spacedock?
Perhaps call for a pilotship and tug? Anyways, just wondering. Thanks
James (who has started work on interiors and small craft)

Hey James,

Glad to have you aboard. Big Starship welcome and salutations!

Well, once you get a reply from Hendo, the Galactic Mediator, or Richards who
does a lot of the work of posting ships, that your ship is up and posted on the
Starship web site then you are ready to kick it into overdrive.

Your ship will start off in the sector that you stated in your registry was the
home sector. Your crew will be whoever who have already chosen. So, once you get
the e-mail that your ship is up on the website so other players and SMs can take
a look at it, you just take a look at the places and things to do in all of the
sectors and take off for whatever tickles your fancy.

Not all sectors are active though... you will have to do a little homework by
checking the websites for different sectors and this message board. That will
help you to determine what it is that you want to do. Once, you find something
that sounds like fun, you send an action e-mail to Hendo, the GM, that your ship
is leaving your home sector to go to... wherever. The GM will send action
e-mails to the powers-that-be and they will guide you through everything else
once you arrive at your destination sector.

There will be two types of e-mails that you are going to run into. In Character
(IC) and Out Of Character (OOC) --> IC e-mails are the transmissions of ship
crews, and other characters that populate the galaxy. These are fun and very
creative and I encourage you to develop some fun IC personalities for your crew;
it adds a lot of richness to the game. OOC e-mails are just players and SM's
e-mailing game information back and forth and discussion about rules and stuff.
Each sector has its own set of rules, none of them are complicated. A lot of the
rules are just for keeping game play IC. Adventures will have their own rules
sometimes, but they usually do not differ from sector rules. Travel is simple,
just e-mail a Sector Mediator (SM) when you are within a sector where you want
to go and with a link to your ship's info so they can determine the details.
Travel between sectors is done the same, e-mail the GM where you are leaving and
where you are going and with some details so that he can figure everything out.
The more info you send to people in the action e-mails the better. Your action
e-mails can also include some IC material if you want. Sometimes the SM's will
send their action e-mails to you letting you know what is happening in IC
format.

That's it. There is a lot to do as I am sure you have already seen. If you have
more questions, just post them here or e-mail directly to an SM or the GM.

Great to have you aboard, it's a big galaxy, have fun.
SM/Player Avery