 Gaming / Starship / 651
Re: RulesTalk: SMs and Running more than one Sector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 06:58:32 GMT

All looked eminently sensible to me.

I'd only reinforce the point about the need to ensure that as an SM one is up to
running two sectors.  I have had on average 6 or 7 ships active in New Pacific
most of the time, and for me that's a chunk to do.  New Pacific isn't even an
adventure sector -  I would have thought that it would be harder for true
adventure sector.

If there is one thing critical to the ongoing success of Starship, its active
and effective SMs.  That's what keeps existing players interested and generates
new players, and that's what keeps the GM and your humble GC honest.  Everything
else is in the 'nice to have but not absolutely necessary' bucket.

To be active and effective SMs, we need to be careful not to get ourselves
overloaded.  Lord knows I am not exactly a good example of high performance in
this area myself, but the principle is sound.

And an SM who can keep one sector churning along, with players up to date and an
interesting storyline running is waaaaaay better than an SM with 2 interesting
sectors but over-stressed, having a hard time keeping up to date and losing
touch with players.

So I'd be cautious about signing up for 2 sectors until I had 1 running
gloriously.  That would be why I only have one sector!

That said, if you're up to it, knock yourself out :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...