 Gaming / Starship / 588
587  |  589
Subject:
Temporary Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 01:40:08 GMT

To all Starshippers,

I know I’ve not been as active as I should have recently, but I’ve really, really been trying. I’ve been reading the groups and participating with player action emails, but life has just hit me in the nose with a rather fast fastball---and it hurts, badly.

I’d like to offically announce my temporary hiatus from Starship in general. If you’d like to read why, read on, otherwise, skip to the next section.

On Wednesday, February 25, I stayed out of school from asthma and sore throat, among other things. Asthma is a big problem with me, thus impacts my life. But then Thursday and Friday my health declined and after being sent to the emergency room once or twice, was deemed healthy to return to school on Monday, March 1.

I did not go to school on March 1. Instead, that evening, I went to the same emergency room and a few hours later, I was laying in the local children’s hospital with a breath mask and an IV.

I’ve been released this morning of March 4 after having been noted as on my way to healing. But this week was bad for me, because A) my dad had surgery yesterday on his (of all things) nose and B) my grandmother was admitted to the hospital Mondayish for dehydration.

Now, you’d think I could return, and I thought so too, but I share too much of a bond with my grandmother that I cannot strech it this much. Fate calls upon me to help my grandmother in any way possible, even if by simple prayer. And I intend to pray.

So, if you read that, that’s why I’m gone for a while. And I’m sorry I just layed down so much upon you, but I felt it nesecary to tell my friends of this.

I leave with one request until my return; pray for my grandmother. Please. If your religion asks you to pray for one another, please pray for her. It may only be simple dehydration, but I cannot withstand the pain of thinking of my grandmother being stuck in a nursing home for two weeks after I pledged never to let that happen.

With apologies for such a long, irrelevant post and probably FUTted incorrectly,

-Dan