 Gaming / Starship / 501
500  |  502
Subject:
Holiday Apology (was: Re: Vote for GM...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:08:36 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Sean Devolites wrote:
Ok, you can just reply to this message with your vote.

I vote for Hendo for GM of Starship for 2004.

Sean

Galactic Greetings!

I just want to drop a line and say thank you to Sean for initiating this vote.
I had hoped to better arrange the details of the voting process this year, but
alas distractions were a-plenty this busy season.  Last year, our veteran
participants might recall, we all agreed to take a two week break from rules
talks about this time of year so people could have holidays and school-breaks.
I am thinking now, I should have suggested the same sort of Starship down-time
this year as well.  It would have been better than me leaving you all in the
dark and with no comms from me for two weeks.  For this, I do apologize.

Regarding the voting, I say the quickest way to get it back on track is to
follow Sean's cue.  Just reply to the main thread he started and vote for
whatever participant you believe should be Galactic Mediator for 2004.
Traditionally, voting should close at midnight GMT on December 31st, but I think
a couple days delay is reasonable given the circumstances.

Regarding my current duties getting email out, again I apologize and cite the
same season of busy-ness excuses.  I will get things back on track very soon
though.

I hope you are having a safe season and will have a great new year!

-GM Hendo