 Gaming / Starship / 204
203  |  205
Subject:
The Sol Sector Website is Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:05:39 GMT

The website for the Sol Sector is finally online, at www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB/SolSector.

I have come up with a new idea for my sector. When you get to the first page, there is a 3-D map of star systems. All those systems are part of my sector. Each star system in my sector has a seperate page (accessible from the home page) and a seperate 7x7 grid map. Each system map will have a “transfer point” from which you can travel to another system. Travelling to another system takes 1 week per six light-years (distances are shown on the 3D map). Travelling in-system, you can move two grid squares per week.

At different locations in the various star systems (each of which are different) you can do different things. At trade stations, you can buy or sell weapons, supplies, parts, and equipment (a list will be sent in the action email for that square). At the Explore Corps Space Ring, you can join in an adventure (this is not availible yet, but will be soon). At inhabited planets, you can attack (not advisible, since there will be retaliation), recruit crew-members, or make alliances. At shipyards, you can buy ships (a list will be sent to those visiting the area). You can also go to military bases and attack and capture the base (you can only capture the base if you have more firepower than the base’s defenders, information will be provided in action email).

There are also dangers, like pirates, retaliating ULF ships, other players, errant asteroids, and aliens. There are additionally resources that you can capture and use to make your own trade station.

Currently, only one system (Sol Sytem) has been made, but I am nearly finished with the others.

So, I would like to invite everyone to my sector, and wish you good luck!

Curt Tigges

Supreme Commander of Starforce and Sector Mediator of Sol Sector

www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB