 Gaming / BrikWars / 75
Re: Battle Modules for Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:37:21 GMT

Overall I think this is a very good idea. I’ve thought of doing something similar for BrikWars. I was thinking along the lines of a standard unit like train hobbyists use. This could be applied to buildings/bases/spaceships much like moonbase modules.

It could also be used for terrain. I was thinking that all terrain modules would have to be based on a standard baseplate (these are the 32x32, yes?). With road/path that attaches in the center of one or more sides. Exact layout would need to be worked out. Probably match the positioning of A-River-Runs-Through-It baseplates.

So, any baseplate that had road connections only in the legal places would be acceptable. You could build right-angles, tee’s, crossroads and straight throughs. As well as deadends, perhaps with a building on it. Also, roadless terrain could be built for filler. Than the game terrain could be assembled on site like a big game of PipeDreams.

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Aaron Sneary wrote:
   3. Stat sheets for each team detailing all the units for that team
I have some excel spreadsheets that I use to build stats sheets to take to games. I’d be happy to make them available if anyone wanted to use them. I believe one or two other people have something similar, if any of them want to contribute.