 Gaming / BrikWars / 227
Re: Motorcycle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 04:36:48 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Chris Yoder wrote:
I'm working on making stats for a LEGO motorcycle in BrikWars. But, when I
work it all out, it comes up with 0.5 inch for a movement rate. I'm either
doing something wrong, or the stats in the game break down at some points.

Ah, you may have found that thing that'll finally get me off my butt to do
another update.  For one thing, the chapter section on Platform Size is wrong, I
forgot to update it in the downloadable file after we rewrote the propulsion
rules.  The calculation should be:

CLASS I:   Size = maximum length (in inches) divided by 10
CLASS II:  Size = maximum width divided by two
CLASS III: Size = maximum width

That doesn't solve the motorcycle problem, it's just the first thing I noticed.

There are two fixes that need to get made - the first is to overhaul the enigine
power limits, which are skewed too far towards the 'realistic-scale' and not
close enough to 'Lego-scale.'  A realistic-scale car would be around 6x14 studs,
but a typical Lego car can easily fit on a 4x6 chassis.  So the BD Power limits
should be brought closer to:

Max Power = TL x BD.

I like that because it's a lot easier to remember.

The second fix is to add Size exceptions for very small structures.  The
greatest-width measurement is a quick cheat for size estimation, but a
motorcycle is clearly the size of one 2x4 brick, not two, and its Size rating
should reflect that.

TL4 Motorcycle stats
---------------------
Size   = 1