 Gaming / BrikWars / 193
Re: Help needed from Brikwars Veterans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:20:36 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Josiah Nicely wrote:
Hey guys, I'm in the middle of planning a Brikwars game, but I need some
advice from some of the veteran players. How big of a game is too big for
say a 3-4 player game ( maybe 3-4 hours in length ).

If the players are all pretty new, aim for squads of around three or four units,
maybe three Troopers and a Hero each, and a pretty basic weapons loadout.  A cap
around 30-50 CP should give players enough room to sweat over whether to burn
points on a Hero or a light vehicle.

Set limits on the complicated stuff - only one non-"troop" soldier per player,
one small vehicle, no flame weapons.  If you're playing high-tek, ban Siege
Rifles, Death Guns, and Energy Disks to keep any one player from getting wiped
out too fast.  Grenades should still be okay since they're one-use.

I'm planning a 6x6 board right now ( using the green 32x32 baseplates ),
but I'm wondering if that's too much space.

That's probably too much space.  It depends on what level of technology you're
playing with, but for the best pacing, try to set up the board so that all the
players start out just barely out of each others' weapon ranges.  You don't want
to leave anyone unthreatened long enough for them to dig in to defensive
positions, or the game will drag.  (If anyone does try digging in, re-allow
fire.)