 Gaming / BrikWars / 141
140  |  142
Subject:
Brikwars Calculator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:03:48 GMT

I've started working on an automated Brikwars calculator for the more boring
tasks in Brikwars like figuring mass and acceleration of vehicles... you know,
that kind of "stuff." It's going to be an open source project, so anyone who is
interested in adapting/adding to it may at their will.

Right now the project is being coded in QBasic because it's free and anyone can
look at the source who wants to. I'm considering making a Visual Basic version
since not everyone likes DOSy sort of programs.

The current version is a simple one, only covering the most basic factors in
building an army for Brikwars. I'm hoping, however, that eventually it will be
to the point where you can check off specific items that each trooper carries
and the program will automatically calculate the changes it makes to the trooper
(ie, movement cost, CP increase).

The idea behind this is to make it easier to calculate the number of CP used in
building an army as well as the other things mentioned above. CP is boring to
calculate, so by making the program it makes CP a little easier to use.

If anyone else is interested, you could IM me, or reply here, or e-mail me, or
not do anything at all, it's up to you :-). My website, where the program will
probally be posted, is located at http://www.kuckiye.tk .

Thanks,
-Dan