 Gaming / 584
Re: YALUGS, draft version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:58:58 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, David Goeb writes:
Just a note mentioning that I put up a recent
draft of YALUGS. Yet another LEGO Universe
Game System. Real original I know but there
it is. Comments and suggestions for more
rules and flames in general are welcome.

DaveG

This is genius!  I especially like the idea of using Lego flats to keep track
of unit stats.  I remember seeing Paul Gyugyi doing that for spaceships in his
Renegade Bricks game, but I never thought of doing it with minifig units.
I've always been disappointed by people's attempts at Lego RPGs, because
keeping track of the stats was always too cumbersome.  But, I think you've hit
on an ideal solution.

Building Lego dice is a funny idea too, although I'd suspect they wouldn't be
perfectly balanced.

Of all the lego games I've seen, yours definitely has the most visually
attractive manual.  It's perfect to print out as a brochure to hand out at
public gaming sessions.  The photos have a great graphic quality, and little
mirror is a nice touch.  The fighting bicyclist on the cover is inspired.

The only thing I can see that could be improved is the type - it could afford
another edit for punctuation typos, and you could make it more readable by
adding more frequent paragraph breaks and giving the section headings a
different color.

- Mike Rayhawk.