 Gaming / 574
Re: Another BrikWars RV question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:43:29 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Gino A. Melone writes:
What is the movement speed of various robotic propulsion systems?

From talking to Mike, I think that it is the (4 * Pwr^2)/Mass.  However, I
think there is also a cap for each type of propulsion system.

That's the right formula.

The HTML update of the RV rules is half-done, and I remembered to put the
movement caps in this time.  It would have been finished yesterday but I got
delayed because I got contracted to work at Jim Henson Studios for a couple of
days (All right!!!).  I got to meet Gonzo and Kermit on the sound stage
yesterday (minus puppeteers, so they were very quiet), and let me tell you,
it's surreal to work in an office where people keep running in and demanding
things like 'really tiny bongo drums' and talking about Miss Piggy like she's
a real person.

All that aside, I should be done with this job in a day or two, and the
finished RV rules will go up on the web page a day or two later.  Eventually,
I'm hoping to include a JavaScript calculator to automatically calculate cost
and all the statistics from a vehicle's basic dimensions.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm