 Gaming / 563
Re: A hard decision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 05:44:19 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Justin G. Radford writes:
I have a decision to make:  Shall I shut down the USLCS website?  I have
several reasons why.

First off, the main reason is that ever since February, I have been working on
a computer game.  Since then, only once or twice have I had some time working
on the rules for my game.  The number of hits I get slowly is going down
day-by-day.

I can sympathize with you all too well.

I have a Lego war game (called Lego Combat) as well, with a rather meager web
page.  So far I haven't even had the chance to put the actual rules of the game
up yet, just some supplemental stuff:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/9142/lego.html

Did I mention that this is also my first web page?

Also, I am busy working as a designer on a PlayStation game, and rarely have
time for designing one of my personal game projects (of which Lego Combat is
only one of many).  We will be completing our game relatively soon, and I
should have at least a few weeks of relatively free time to work on my games
and my web page (and see my wife... and see the sun... etc.).

I've enjoyed reading your rules and printed out a hard copy for my records.  I
am glad to see that there is an actual community of game designers who use Lego
bricks to design games around.  I say, the more games the merrier!  We can all
learn from each other.  I remember when the only Lego game out there on the net
was Lego Wars, which I never cared much for (but, it was the first to be
published in some form... so in that sense it is certainly a pioneer effort).

I say please keep the webpage, even if you don't have time to update it.  It is
great to have as a reference, part of the library of Lego games available on
the net.

Tony A. Rowe
DreamWorks Interactive