 Gaming / 1894
1893  |  1895
Subject:
Brick Based Gaming at Faraway Places
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 07:57:13 GMT

I just read a post about possible gaming at BrickFest 2005, and then noticed
this addition to Brickshelf.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=125466>

The person responsible for the BrickShelf gallery is named ApophisV and is a
member at Classic Castle.
The construction of the balcony section is cool looking as well as the crocodile
pit beside the lava flow. I am a little bummed out the person lives across the
pond in Germany, mainly, because the idea of combining dungeon modules for huge
monster crawl is an irresistable temptation. Peter Guenther ran gangs of us
through his dungeon nightmares at Gencon and Origins last year and I must say,
we had a blast.

I would like to offer an invitation to the members of the Lugnet and other Lego
denizens to join us at some of the different events listed below. I wouldn't
mind seeing some of the storytellers spin their tales for roleplaying events at
the conventions. I have watched several StarWars roleplaying events use Lego
minifigs in their storytelling, so come and join us.

The Gaming Lego Users Group will be running several games including BrickQuest,
BrickMech, BrickBattles, and Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game at the following
conventions this year.

Origins Game Convention, Columbus, OH Jun30-July3
Gencon Game Convention, Indianapolis, IN. Aug18-21
Archon Sci-Fi Convention, Collinsville, IL Sept29-Oct2

I am unable to attend Brickfest this year, so I am not sure of the plans for
gaming at BrickFest 2005.

Peter Guenther and Jason Spears may be running BrickQuest and other events up in
the midwest region.

Gaming Lego Users Group is an informal group of Lego fanatics like you, who tell
outlandish tales in a gaming atmosphere. We encourage players to share and add
their own unique twists and turns to the legends and world they help create.

I hope to see some of you, sometime, somewhere this year,

James