 Gaming / 1825
Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

A key part of ESPG is that all minifigs have to be attached to the ship (well
they technically don't have to but they fall off easily if they are not, and
that means they are "in the ocean" and thus lost to you as a player without
special effort). How well would standard LEGO figs attach to this ship if the
studs are different? The minifig foot is not like a plate, it theoretically
could take a taller stud, within limits. How well would a LEGO minifig hand
grasp stuff on the ship (does it use any Rod System sized rods or handles or
similar?)

The LEGO:Best-Lock clutch power is hit-or-miss.  You're right about the minifig
foot accommodating the height of a Best-Lock stud, but I've found that the fit
can be too loose (man overboard!) or too tight (I've stress-fractured my heel!)
or just right (porridge, anyone?).

Just yesterday I bought set 3247 for the accessories, including a bazooka, a
pistol, a BAR, a Jerry Can, an oil drum, and eight sand bags.  The weapons all
have Rod System handles/grips that fit well in a minifig hand, but the Jerry Can
has a squared handle and can't really be held by a minifig.  As a side note, the
sandbags are really nice--superior in design to the sandbags in MegaBloks'
Command Ops sets.

However I think
there's another issue for me (and perhaps a few other fanatics out there like
me)... it's not LEGO.

Yeah, the inclusion/exclusion would have to be consistent with the stated rules,
and I have the sense that the more devoted fans of LEGO gaming might not care
for the presence of a heretical brand.

Dave!