 Gaming / 1783
  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) It looked like you'd answered your own question in the earlier post - any mixture of component, statistic, or platform damage will do. It all depends on which type of damage the attacker thinks is most effective or most appropriate to the type (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) So, the attacker gets to choose which type they want to use? ~Clangador (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) It's more the difference between the attacker saying "I attack your mech" and "I attack the inner joint of your mech's left elbow." If he attacks a specific part, then he can use component damage. If he attacks the mech in general, then he (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) Okay. I'm digging it. My friend, who I'll be playing against next Sunday asked me this question. If he builds covers over the joints of his mecha, will that prevent an attack against the joint until the cover is blasted away? It seems like it (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) Well-built models will always have an advantage over poorly-built models. That's completely intentional. The question isn't about whether a properly-armored mech has an unfair advantage, but rather, why would anyone pay full CP and then not (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: 'Mech Damage Question

(...) Well, it makes sense. I didn't know if it was intentional or not. I've seen pictures of 'Mechs (in BrikWars) that have unarmored joints. ~Clangador (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)