 Gaming / 1694
Re: How many studs in an inch? How many posts in a thread?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:41:01 GMT

I have seen the Steve Jackson pirate game played at several Game Cons in
California over the last several years. No Lego's involved. Ships have • been
well built models involving hundreds of building hours and great paint • jobs.
An inch is a real inch with tape rulers.

Hmm, are you sure they're actually using Steve's rules? There are numerous
naval miniatures games out there. That isn't to say that people haven't
decided that Steve's rules are better than others for their purposes, even
if they don't use LEGO. Derek Schin, in California, has been heavily
involved in running ESPG, and may have run it at a few game cons, so people
have had plenty of opportunity to be exposed to the game.

One thing I really wish was that there was a better way to get an idea of
just how many folks are playing the game.

However Frank does a great job and my son and I have enjoyed the games he
has ran and we still talk about them. It looks great with the Lego ships. • It
will always be our first choice. Keep up the great work, Frank.

Thanks

Frank