 Gaming / 1462
Re: New Lego Game?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 16:01:39 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Laurence Hurst writes:
Hi,
I was woundering if anyone would be interested in helping me to create a new
lego turn-based game (like BrikWars), based (very losely) upon Rainbow 6?
The basic idea is a hostage rescue type game where one team is the
terrorists, and has a groups of hostages and the other team is the special
forces rescue team. I'm not sure exactly how it will work yet, but there
could be choppers/APCs for the special forces and some sort of get-away
vehicles for the terrorists.

This could probably be done with brikwars rules, with a few additions. The
hostage with terrorists and the incursion team (picturing the museum level
in my head right now), the choppers and apc's could all be done with
brikwars rules.The hostages would be represented as civilians(Normal People)

There could also be a system of rounds and the
players have to 'buy' their weapons, so they can buy better weapons as the
game progresses (like in Tactical Ops for Unreal Tournament). I would
greatly appreciate any ideas/offers of support.

I'm not sure how im understanding "as the game progresses". In the middle of
the mission wouldn't make sense, so I assume you're talking about in between
missions. I would think they would just be different games. Charecters that
were killed in the first mission, wouldn't be able to be used in the 2nd
one. Both sides could have a CP limit to start. You'd have a stat sheet on
each charecter(make sure you can tell them apart, maybe by faces or what
equipment they are holding).Every gun and piece of equipment would have its
ammo load, an m16 would have 30 rounds, and you might carry 4 clips of it.
There might be a team medic, with a limited amount of healing supplies, say
he could only heal 2 people in one mission. Improvements and more equipment
means more CP. Some light modification and Brikwars could fairly easily be
made into a Rainbow 6 style game.

If you wanted to post this on your website or something of that nature, you
would just have to say this is a game with brikwars rules with
modifications, and put in the following:

BrikWars is copyright ©1995-2003 Mike Rayhawk.
For more information and the complete rules, please visit
http://www.brikwars.com.

This is sounding interesting, I wouldn't mind trying it.

Hope I could be of some help,
Dylan J