 Gaming / 1417
1416  |  1418
Subject:
Plastic and Magic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:20:20 GMT

I just wanted to put forth a potential new Lego-based game that people might
find interesting which I've dubbed Plastic and Magic.  I'm a D&Der from way
back and have been working on sort of "porting" it into Lego.  For those of
you who aren't as interested in combat, magic or D&D you probably won't like
it, but if that sort of thing is interesting to you it should be a lot of fun.

It's been play-tested only twice so far so it is really in it's beginning
stages, but it's worked out well both times.  I basically tried to make it
into a D&D-type wargame that you could set up in about an hour and take
about 4-6 hrs to play.  After the first play-test, though, I decided that
making a very simple RPG out of it wouldn't be too hard and should be a lot
of fun.  It can be played either way with very little modification.

Since it is in it's very early stages I'd rather not make it public just
yet, but if anyone is interested in helping me out with it feel free to
e-mail me (pacjmc@simplifiedcomputers.com) and I'll send you the rules (as
they stand at present) and some pics of our first two games.

Also, I live pretty close to Indy and will be going to Gencon for sure to
meet some of you people that I've seen on Lugnet for a while.  Since
registration is so soon, I don't think at this time that I want to volunteer
to run it as I am a pretty busy person and may not have time to get it
finalized before Gencon. I will only be attending on Sat. to boot.

I'm glad to see a Lego event (not official, but attended by Lugnet members)
in the midwest.  I'm looking forward to meeting some other Lego fanatics!  I
am also looking forward to GLUG and hopefully being a contributer.

Paul