 Gaming / 1416
1415  |  1417
Subject:
Burning Plastic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:20:35 GMT

I have written a Lego Car Wars game, Burning Plastic.

It is loosely based on Steve Jacksons Car Wars, but simplified to emphasise
fun and speed of play.  It also incorporates the brick into the mechanics
beyond simply using Lego cars as playing pieces.

In the long term I will probably set up a website, but for now I have just
put the draft rules on Brickshelf:

Take a look and let me know what you think. The rules are in Word document
format so I could embed pictures. For non Word users I have included a plain
text version - obviously you get no piccies but it should still give you the
rules.

If anyone has ideas how to simplify it further let me know - I found there
were so many things I just couldn't avoid - rules for collisions, losing
control etc so the game has a higher degree of complexity to it than I would
like.

James