 Gaming / 1335
Re: Ultimate LEGO Vehicle contest 2002 photos & write-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:19:12 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
It's several months after the fact, but better late than never.  I've added
a 2002 section to the Ultimate LEGO Vehicle contest website:

http://www.thereverend.com/lego/ulv

See photos from this, the 3rd annual such event, and read the accompanying
brief write-ups.  Enjoy,

LOL!

Seems you folks had another blast!

I'd like to see a photo of damaged bricks though.

I hope to get around making the write-up of the first SweULV someday, but since
we had ours in mid December I'm still clear of the "being slower then Brendan"
danger.

We also had the problem with too short rooms, instead of lowering the ramp (it
never crossed our minds and the speed was the fun part) we decided that the
vehicle that bounced furthest against the wall won that event... We had one
fortunate bounce where the driver stayed licked against the wall but the
vehicle travelled far back into the room, all but the builder laughed
hysterically. Next time I think we'll install a ramp in the other side of the
room too. Lowering the ramp and thus the speed is not an option :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)