 Gaming / 1239
Re: More Castle MOCs for BrickSiege
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
    Looking Cool. How many men will be involved on each side? The boats and
castles are very nice.

In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
http://www.valyance.com/home/lego/castle/bricksiege/

Hi Todd,

Sorry I missed your post a while back.  Thanks for the compliments.  It is
funny, after the work I put into the larger MOCs, my favorite models I did
for this display were the two small ships (which each took maybe 15 minutes
to put together).

As for using the display for gaming, the playtesting has been postponed
until later in the year, due to scheduling issues with my gaming friends.
To answer your question, the two primary players (red & blue) will begin
with about fifteen units each (a balance of soldiers and peasants).  Each
will also be reinforced with another six or so soldiers several turns after
the game starts.  But the game mechanics will allow for (in fact encourage)
resource gathering and spending (akin to Age of Empires type games), so each
player will have the chance to buy/build as many additional units as my
collection allows.

I have separated all my Castle mini-figs into a nut & bolt tray unit (with a
different drawer each for torso styles, armor, heads, helmets, legs, weapon
types, etc) so when a player spends resources to build a soldier with plate
mail, a shield, and an axe, I can put one together quickly with the proper
colors for his faction.  The Siege Engines (some pictured on my site) are
also pre-built so if they spend resources on a catapult, they get one
immediately in their color without having to wait for me to build one.  For
die-hard builders, the rules will allow for actually building (not only
units but structures too), but my gaming friends just want to kill things,
so pre-building saves a lot of time.

I will post more as things progress (maybe in a month or so).  Sorry for all
the delays, but I want the rules to work and be balanced before I share them.

Cheers,
-Hendo