 Gaming / 1220
1219  |  1221
Subject:
Battle for the Cypress River Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:29:04 GMT

Long overdue,

The pictures of the BrikWars games at Gencon are posted to BrickShelf.  I
would like to thank Dylan for his persistance to motivate me to finally post
these long overdue pics. I have had bronchitis the past two weeks with no
one to cover for me at work but I finally have a day off and time to post
them.

The pictures are posted under the folder Gencon/FirstDay and
Gencon/SecondDay
I resized all the pics to 800x600 in the following folders. I hope the links
work.

I would also like to thank Christopher Weeks for helping us score troops,
setting up the second game, and bringing the current rules. He is Gencon
veteran longer in the tooth than I am and his help was greatly appreciated.
Also he was smart enough to bring snacks for everyone, the sign of a true
gaming veteran.

I could use some help with a problem though, I am having trouble getting the
descriptive text file to upload to Brickshelf. Any thoughts?

Once the text file of the battle is posted, Evan, Dylan, and Christopher can
amend and correct any mistakes I have made.

I am psyched about the attention the game received. People would wander up,
eyes as big as saucers, mesmerized and then start recalling memories of
their own Lego experiences. One man in particular excitedly talked about
going to Legoland in CA. and describing all the models.  He said I should go
at all costs and stop making excuses. Work permitting I will.

Hopefully we can expand this influence into non-Lego conventions and recruit
new members to the fold. If I am lucky, I will be going to Archon in St.
Louis in Oct., cross my fingers.

James