 Gaming / 1211
Re: LEGO gaming at GenCon '02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Frank Filz writes:

To see my pictures, go to http://www.bricktopia.com/GC02/GC02LEGO1.html

Nifty. Your shrine:

http://www.bricktopia.com/GC02/GC02BW13.jpg.html

Just isn't quite the same without a Belville statue though...

Yeah!  I took it off the baseplate to shrink it for packing thinking it could
go anywhere without the blue, and didn't have to be an island.  But the river
of felt in that game just seemed to be calling to me :-)  The point of the game
(other than mass carnage, of course) was to collect as many treasure chests (we
each had one to start) as possible and to kill as many Jack Stone figures as
possible.  The one you see in my shrine is the only one who made it to the end
of the game, and that was after being blasted with dragon breath.

And the last four were an entire table covered in The Brick (though
you might recognize some clones) with some home-brew game being
played.  It appeared from brief conversation that the folks doing
that game were more gamer than AFOL and didn't know about LUGNET
etc.

Interesting looking game, looks like mostly stock sets.

Yup.  I forget the name of it, but it was something somewhat humorous to
indicate the light nature of the game.  And it ended up being people racing SW
speeder bikes around the weird Castle/Ninja/Adventurer layout trying to satisfy
some goals.  I had other stuff to do so I didn't pay close attention to the
play.  I informed them (and some others) of LUGNET and BrickLink so we might
see/hear more from them.

Chris

The two day slaughter was christened 'The Cypress Tree Massacre' because of
James abundant supply of Cypress Trees on the battle field.
~Evan Butzlaff