 Gaming / 1206
Re: LEGO gaming at GenCon '02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:10:48 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

Hi all,

I'm going to do a more detailed write-up of what these pictures represent, but
I wanted to get them thrown out onto the web sooner than that.  I found two
games that were using The Brick for props and/or pieces and there were two big
BrikWars games -- in one of which I got to participate (for over eight hours).
It was fun.  Meeting James, Evan, and Dillan (sp?) was rewarding.

To see my pictures, go to http://www.bricktopia.com/GC02/GC02LEGO1.html

Nifty. Your shrine:

http://www.bricktopia.com/GC02/GC02BW13.jpg.html

Just isn't quite the same without a Belville statue though...

The page of thumbnails loads quickly enough, but they link to larger images
that may take some time.  The first 43 images are from the Saturday BrikWars
game.  The next two are from some hex-based space game that I happened across
that was using LEGO spaceships as pieces.  And the last four were an entire
table covered in The Brick (though you might recognize some clones) with some
home-brew game being played.  It appeared from brief conversation that the
folks doing that game were more gamer than AFOL and didn't know about LUGNET
etc.

Interesting looking game, looks like mostly stock sets.

Frank